Dancin' Deb Designs

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Getting My Creative Back...



I spent a portion of my weekend dying some miscellaneous fabrics. This is something I've wanted to do for some time.
I went with some colors I wouldn't normally choose like red and orange as well as a couple of my favorites, blue and lime green. I used muslin, cotton duck, batting, dryer sheets, some cotton doilies and cheesecloth. I loved seeinghow the different fabrics took the colors in different ways. The light purple is how the dryer sheets came out using the same blue dye that is on the batting next to it. I can't wait to start using some of these fabrics to create something new. I hope to do some stamping and painting on top of what I have hear.
I also ordered an embellisher machine this weekend so I can do needle felting. It won't get to me for 5 to 10 days, so I can spend the next few weeks thinking of ideas!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Debbie, Your newly dyed fabrics may make me skip my plans for the day and send me to the garage to a bit of dyeing myself. That chartreuse cheesecloth is calling my name!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home