Dancin' Deb Designs

Monday, October 18, 2010

Changes

Change is a word that frightens many and I am feeling that fear. The good thing is that the fear is connected to a feeling of excitement and discovery.

This past weekend, I went with Main Street Ballroom to a competition in Wausau. It was not always easy to watch the dancing knowing that I may never compete again, but Peg, Don and Katie all danced well. Peg even took Top Student!

I know now that I need to really develop my creative side and find my voice as an artist. For so long, dancing has been my creative outlet. To leave it behind will not be easy, but it must happen. So now the question is--where do I go from here?

I have joined the SAQA Visioning Project for 2011 and have joined two on line challenges--Fast Friday Fabric Challenge and Artitude to stretch me over the next year.

Here's to new beginnings and moving forward!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Ginn said...

Deb, after you posted the Artitude word (sheer) for our group, I visited your website and blog just to sort of get to know you a bit. How interesting that you have competed in ballroom dancing and create costumes. (A friend in our art association and her husband are B.D. teachers.) I was an avid tennis player for many years, though not nearly graceful enough for B.D.! I look forward to my sheer piece--worked on some silk dyeing today to use in it.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home